Tuesday, September 24, 2013

MWO, Launch +1 Week


So on the 17th of September, Mechwarrior Online launched.  I was actually taken aback by this - they up and decided that it should be launch day and I really didn't expect it until October.  All that, and they didn't really even add in anything that was supposed to be in come the official "launch".

I'm not going to dwell on that, however.  This isn't even a real patch review.  This is a "Week +1" review.  So lets go over the patch notes, just to get caught up.  Well, the highlights anyway.

  • Orion is fully in the game now, and there's a new skin:  Applejack.
  • Trial mechs are all champion mechs.
  • 3rd Person is disabled in 12-man.  Was it really an issue to begin with?  Really?
  • Matchmaker is picking it's game up, but 12 man launches aren't affected.
  • Lots of nitpicky stuff you may or may not have noticed.
Ok, so that's out of the way.  Now, on to the meat:  how is MWO doing now that "launch" has been achieved?

Well, not much has changed really.  The next big change is going to be the integration of community warfare.  Everything else: adding new mechs, new maps, etc.  that changes the meta of the current game, but it's not really making a whole lot of waves.  The last new map everyone hates.  It is fun to shoot at different mechs though.

I can't say I've really noticed anything at all different after launch except it no longer says "beta".  So what's the next step for the Gatekeepers?  Well, that's the fun part - an old tradition we like to refer to as open recruitment.  We'll be offering membership to faithful House Liao warriors we encounter in the game into the Gatekeepers very soon, and there will be a forum initiative as well.  All that is coming very soon.

For now, MWO remains as it was, but better.  Don't get me wrong, just because I'm upset about no big changes for the official launch doesn't mean I'm not happy about the new content.  Besides, we have our own campaign resources in place...

Be sure to check out Uglygreen's videos posted in the Video Feed section on the top menu.  We'll be uploading more videos soon, and compilations as well.  Big thanks to Green, and to Midknight as well for reminding me we had a blog to update.  See you on the field!


No comments:

Post a Comment