Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Patch Review: August, 2014


Welcome back, my friends, for another candid take on the state of the game that we like to call Patch Review.  Here we are, another month rolled by.  Oh, but so very many new things added this month.

August saw a lot of neat features come into play, and a few new Hero 'mechs as well.  A lot of folks have been waiting a long time for a couple of these new toys to put in the sandbox.  I think here in the second month of irregular patches we might have seen the end of 2-week patch intervals until the entire CW project is rolled out.


Well, the Battlemaster Hero "Hellslinger" and a Kintaro Champion 'mech in this patch.  However, I was made very happy by this patch...my Spiders now have full visual customization!  Also, the "Target Destroyed" feature is nice.  Good things all around at the start of the month.


Well.  Module changes were the big news here for me.  I had a field day with my 40+ 'mechs.  Also, at some point they slipped in a Spider Hero 'mech...something I had dearly wanted.  So...I got one.  I like the Anansi, it's a bit of a hybrid betwixt some of the other Spider variants.

Yeah, the Vindicator hero came out too.  Too bad I can never buy one - something about it's name was dirty and distasteful.  I forget exactly what it was called...


Yesterday, the Community Warfare module dropped.  It's interesting, but it's not yet ready for the Gatekeepers.  It's all mercenaries, though...and we fight for something other than C-Bills.  Let those without honor warm the waters for us - we'll wait for our proper faction, thank you.

Other than that, looks good to me these days.  However - there were so many things wrong with the Liao faction challenge I can't begin to count them.  Numero Uno was the fact they made us drop solo - for 50 wins - if we wanted to complete the challenge.  That's truly bothersome, but oh well.

However, I will say that after spending that 6.5 million C-Bills (so quick I didn't notice it) on what seemed like very little ... it probably wasn't worth the effort.  In the future, these challenges will have to have some serious prizes to demand 50 solo wins from us.  I mean, let's face it - it's entirely random if you will win or lose in a public solo drop.

That's enough from me this month.  I'll see you in Actual, Gatekeepers.

No comments:

Post a Comment